There are currently 1.2 billion Youth aged between 15 and 24. 550 million of them are living below the poverty threshold of $2 per day. Life Project 4 Youth is an organization that strongly believes Young People facing extreme poverty are capable of becoming great entrepreneurs if someone gives them a smile, some supporting work, room to grow, and trust.
LP4Y was founded by a group of European (France, Belgium & Luxemburg) and US entrepreneurs who took on a challenge to set up "Life Project Centers" (LCP) near slum areas in the Philippines, Vietnam, India and Indonesia. LP4Y has developed a unique Professional Training for Entrepreneurs (PTE) program, which provides the selected underprivileged Youth with an opportunity to join the 18 month integration ecosystem, and to receive coaching and mentoring from the LP4Y volunteers, as well as professional partners and universities.
Once a Young Adult has been accepted by a coach, her or she is invited to join a team of 15 others, working together on a micro-economic activity. By means of the micro-economic activities developed by each LPC, combined with a specially adapted pedagogy, the Young Adults work as a team on the creation, development and management of a business. The PTE journey is a demanding program structured around 3 pillars of Working, Learning, and Guidance, and is divided into 4 successive stages: Autonomy, Responsibility, Management, and Entrepreneurship. This apprenticeship gives them the keys to managing their own lives and escaping exclusion to achieve a decent existence (employment, accommodation good health, and education).
LP4Y currently operates Life Project Centers in 16 cities across the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and India.
Learn more about Life Project 4 Youth here: http://www.lp4y.org
LP4Y has an ambitious and important year ahead. In 2017 the organization is planning to expand operatoins by opening Life Project Centers in new cities (Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai), enter new countries (Nepal and Bangladesh), and also add a new concept of franchising in India (Chhattisgarh) and Sri Lanka.
Specific recommendations to be developed by the consulting team are:
- Develop recommendations for new business activities to test in rural areas
- Identify new feasible business ideas for entrepreneurs (ex. renewable energy projects)
- Assess the positioning of the micro-economic activities in present and future markets
- Develop and complete entrepreneurship activity toolbox
- Improve and develop essential excel spreadsheet datasets to be provided to the Youth to professionalize during the PTE (ex. profit, sales, new business development toolbox)
- Identify potential partner companies to sponsor LP4Y entrepreneurial business projects
- To supplement the need for physical equipment and/or expert know-how in implementing and developing efficiency and quality in current business production.
The LP4Y team will incorporate your recommendations when operative, tactical and strategic decisions are to be made in the near future.