Pieter Hoff aims at causing the reforestation of 2 billion hectares (5 billion acres) of degraded farmland by 2075. He has founded Groasis Tech to develop the necessary technology to do so, as well as the Treesolution Foundation to demonstrate that reforestation at large scale is feasible. By planting the “African Great Green Wall” (a corridor of trees of 7.100 km length), desertification in sub-Saharan Africa will be stopped while opportunities for local employment, education and entrepreneurship are created.
The Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology is a biomimicry methodology, a planting technology that combines multiple drivers to stimulate trees to grow with minimum use of energy and water - and after a 10-year-trial period has a survival rate of more than 90%. Reforestation can be done without expensive irrigation. In order to balance the interests of mankind and nature, a combination of economically and ecologically interesting trees will be planted. Groasis offers the key to combat erosion and help revitalise rural areas while sustainably producing products and food and disconnecting approx. 15 tonnes of CO2 per hectare.
In late July 2016, Groasis announced a breakthrough product, the Growboxx® plant cocoon, with a significant international deal to supply 1,000,000 Growboxxes to the Mexican state of Baja California.
Learn more about Groasis here: http://www.groasis.com/en
NGC has already delivered 2 strong consulting projects to the Groasis team. In the spring of 2016 the company consulted on developing an independent business model for local entrepreneurs who use the Groasis Technology, and outlining an action plan for the company's expansion to new markets. Developing into a major industry player, the Groasis team is now aiming to understand the impact of the recent COP21 Paris Agreement on the reforestation business; to recognize the major industry funders and executors on the global scale, and to evaluate which of those organizations could potentially be interested to work on the African Great Green wall.
Specific recommendations to be developed by the consulting team are:
- Evaluate the policy agreement outcome of the COP21 in relation to Groasis:
- Analyze the reforestation option description in the carbon offsetting overview
- Evaluate the impact of COP21 in Verified/Certified Emission Reductions in relation to reforestation
- Identify global market project executors and project funders:
- Identify the top-5 companies responsible for reforestation projects in major markets (North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia)
- Identify the largest reforestation projects realized to date, detailing the companies executing and funding projects (top 3-5 per geography)
- Evaluate international project developers and funders for Groasis to attract and partner with
- Identify points of interest for those organizations to develop the African Great Green wall and a business model in support for small-scale farmeres
The managing team of Groasiswill incorporate your recommendations when operative, tactical and strategic decisions are to be made in the near future.