RetroBrain R&D is researching and developing novel serious gaming approaches to solve challenges in medical care and therapy. Focusing on the elderly, rehabilitation of the brain and particularly on people suffering from Alzheimer's disease, RetroBrain R&D combines scientifically proven methods with Microsoft Kinect v2 to improve mental and physical health through innovative and fun-to-play video games.
Implementing an award-winning proof-of-concept (WHU Social Business Award, IT4Change grant) with multiple technology partners, including Microsoft, the Max Planck Institute for Human Development and the Humboldt University of Berlin, RetroBrain R&D is part of the government's “Hightech Strategy for Germany”. Due to an aging population, dementia is one of the biggest medical challenges of the 21st century and according to recent studies, more German citizens are afraid of suffering from dementia than suffering from cancer. RetroBrain R&D aims at breaking up the stigmatization of this disease while alleviating or even preventing illness and creating positive experiences for elderly citizens on a recurring basis. Moreover, RetroBrain R&D’s solutions are to be adapted for neuro/stroke rehabilitation programmes.
You can learn more about RetroBrain R&D at http://spiel-memore.de/english-summary/ and athttp://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2015/08/14/gamified-therapy-offers-hope-to-the-elderly.aspx
RetroBrain R&D’s main target for the upcoming years is to establish a stable and sustainable distribution system for their products and complimentary services. Initially focusing on serving the core market, an efficient distribution system and a viable pricing strategy need to be developed. Furthermore, elaborating on future expansion plans is necessary in order to ensure the long-term success of RetroBrain R&D.
Specific recommendations to be developed by the Consulting team are:
1. Define the distribution and pricing strategy for RetroBrain R&D’s games and complimentary services in Germany and the DACH region by doing market research and benchmarking against other players in the health industry.
- Give advice on fundamental distribution decisions such as B2B or B2C, etc.
- Develop a pricing strategy for the German core market and the DACH region
2. Develop an internationalization plan for RetroBrain R&D
- Conduct market research and recommend potential markets for expansion