AEM is a start-up project in Ghana (West Africa) with the aim to help rural pupils across the country and expand later across other Africa countries by providing them with good health care and relevant education for sustainable regional and continental development.
The objective is to assist these vulnerable children acquire the relevant basic education for sustainable human development hence responsible citizen in future. Ultimately education and development are first of all about liberating people from all (taboos, unfounded believes, wrong traditions, sacrifices, unemployment and many others) that holds them back from a full and worthy human life.
The Rural Education project is the main of the four pilot projects under the management and auspices of AEM. Poor education especially the rural sector has been a challenge for Ghana as developing nation since independence so therefore, the initiative aims to give rural education sector a new hope. It will promote the kind of education that can help those rural students to achieve a better live and therefore help to improve the future for these people and areas. Through the Rural Education initiative AEM wish to provide all rural schools with well-trained teaching professionals from our two teaching universities to enhance adequate teaching and learning processes for relevant cognitive development instead of using retirees and senior high leavers in the classrooms causing truancy, poor performance and many school dropout due to the pupils discourage. As a result, these teachers will ameliorate the poor performance of pupils in rural schools. At the same time, it will enable these hardworking professionals join the public sector to enjoy better work condition through the help of AEM. They will be trained through regular workshops to acquire basic entrepreneurial skills to pioneer development programs in the rural communities to help stop the high number of rural-urban migrants. These skills will also assist them to identify people with great talent to turn into sustainable businesses for AEM to produce many job creators instead of abundant potential graduates job seekers.
The Rural Education Project challenge: The major challenge which the organization is toiling to finish with since its incorporation remains the funding of the project. Based on the budget of the AEM’s technical team in consideration of the nature and scope of the project, about US$ 190,000 is needed in order to start.
Provide AEM with relevant guidance for successful fundraising and how to adequately approach the possible and relevant funding organizations
1) Market Research: AEM aims to raise the sufficient funds for the success of Rural Education project from organizations in Europe, America and other countries in the world. The first step for successful funding approach is to research about public organizations or other philanthropic associations with interest in education related initiatives from which AEM could source the sufficient funding. This will include:
- Identifying possible donors (public, private, UN, EU, AU, …) and their requirements and conditions.
- Filter the organizations regarding the Rural Education initiative possible characteristics and needs.
2) Recommendations: The second step includes the elaboration of a detail strategy to approach these organizations whiles AEM is provided with accurate and effective recommendation for the success of the funding.
3) Project Presentation: Prepare an effective and competitive presentation to be used by AEM during the interview and forum for fundraising purposes based on the funding above described.